Tuesday, August 30, 2011

RELAX! RELATE! RELEASE!


Writing is such a powerful tool. A special friend of mine inspired this blog entry.

It has been a few months since I've posted, and for good reason (in my opinion). There are those times where life becomes so overwhelming that you may find yourself consumed by it, instead of living it. Although I know that I really need to blog, for some reason I am feeling so reluctant. I think it's a matter of the heart vs. the mind - sometimes a never-ending battle. My heart wants to pour onto the pages as my cup is overflowing with the issues of life -- no hesitation, no edits, no revisions. But my mind tells me to be fully aware of what others may think or feel, and only share what's on the surface. Let's be real, would the world really be ready for what's beneath the surface?! Rhetorical, but I think not. We are living in a world where it's publicly frowned upon to be transparent and authentic. Yet privately there's only sighs of relief and thoughts of "wow, someone else understands." Overall, I believe William Shakespeare said it best, "To Thine Ownself Be True." Yes indeed, Sir!

Random thought - It's amazing to me how someone can be sitting right next to you and be screaming inside, possibly fighting for their life...and you have no clue what's going on. Naturally, no one is a mind reader. But I guess what amazes me the most is how true the old cliche' is, "you can be in the middle of a crowd, surrounded by thousands of people, and still feel completely alone." Oh I'm sure that's NEVER been you. I will be honest & admit, sometimes, that has been me. Ironically, one of the busiest places, TimeSquare in NYC, is my favorite place to go and just think. Clear my thoughts. I don't know how it's possible being surrounded by so many people non-stop, but I've had  special connection there since I was a teenager. Despite the noise, which turns into a bunch of static or jibberish after a while. That's just one place of many.

Ok, here's a confession - growing up as an only child, I used to be terrified of being alone with my thoughts. Not anymore. I welcome it. It's so imperative. My thoughts have become my mirror. If you search within you will always see yourself, voluntarily or involuntarily. Whether good or bad, positive or negative. No matter what, you can never escape yourself. That's a fact. Wherever you go, YOU wiill always be there. In my humble opinion, a mirror is your golden ticket to self-discovery. Dig deeper, really understand what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the outter appearance. I'm referring to the core, the REAL you. The you that no one or most people don't know about. And probablly never will. I am inclined to be a better me than the me I see. You should be too! Just some food for thought. It's my sincere desire that I've articulated my thoughts in such a way that makes you go "hmmmm" and add action to it. Relax! Relate! Release!

Until Next Time...
Much Love! ~Purpos3


4 comments:

  1. Yes! The writer has returned! This really does make one reflect...I say be authentic! Let people see the struggles & the triumph! Anyway, I'm glad you decided to share your thoughts with us again. Keep pressing, keep pushing, KEEP WRITING!

    -ProVerbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you have a creative, intelligent, driven being its often hard how to find the balance between what's poetic & what can become painful to read. The beauty is, when one takes the journey that you have embarked upon, time & wisdom become one w/our pen given us the stability to be true to ourself while being transparent with telling all our business.
    The power comes when we learn our audience & have the ability to be effective any if it cuts against the grain becomes truth flows from the pages of our heart to what then becomes read. Continue to grow & glow because the world is waiting the for the masterpiece you're becoming. I pray that was the 2 cents you were looking for! :-)
    #RamToRam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is real talk and will make one take that bold step and look in thd mirror and minister to the face in the mirror, love you much little sis rande.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love a great blog "stumble". And the connect here is not only with the only child idiosyncrasies, or feeling like the elephant in the room who must be draped in an invisible sheet lol, but also the temptation to let my fingers pour into my keyboard all those thoughts and emotions seeking a permanent outlet.

    Yeah, God gives us wisdom to "know the difference", courage to say what we need to say, and grace when we feel we've missed it altogether. There's opportunity for healing at all points. Cheers and God bless as you keep it moving towards a better you :).

    ReplyDelete