Monday, February 14, 2011

Propelled By Passion

L.O.V.E. is the traditional, universal message for today = Valentine's Day!

I woke up this morning with *passion* on my heart. No, not necessarily in a sexual sense. I'd say my thoughts are more so concerning what I am most passionate about in life - what I'm driven by, what sets things in motion, what launches my creativity, etc... And in my usual reflective 'element', I have concluded that sometimes you have to take a glance at your past to propel you into your future. The majority of the time when I look back, the main thing that pushes me forward is my passion. I am very passionate about several things, undeniably intrigued by all kinds of music, marketing/public relations, fashion, and the arts. However, the ONE thing that I am most thrilled and eager about is my heartfelt passion for writing!

Here is one of my favorite quotes, "Without a pen I feel naked, but it's writing that is my exhibitionism."~Carrie Latet

Basically, without my pen I feel just as blank as a piece of notebook paper, but it's through my writing that i expose my 'nudity'...meaning I introduce myself to.....me! It's not often that I can look around and see my world consumed with what propels my passion. Sometimes it seems as if there are so many distractions and negative perceptions. But I choose to be positive and remain focused. I am extremely fond of those within my reach, and even the intangible, who have influenced my desire to write. Despite my enthusiasm, only God (and maybe a couple of my closest friends) know about my rollercoaster experience over the past few years. I went through a phase of written dehydration. It was as if my pen was parched and my desire to write had evaporated. Say and think whatever you'd like, but life's journey itself had me in such an odd location mentally. To be honest, it wasn't until recently (the past few months) that I gradually acquired a thirst to empty the expressions of my heart & mind via pen and paper. Although it is still a challenge at times, my determination WINS!!! I am propelled by passion, *my* passion. Not just writing, but everything that my heart desires...that is destined for me. I know that my purpose is greater than me, it transcends the limitations of thought. I will exceed in excellence, outdo my optimism, rise above my fears, and go beyond my potential. Yes, it's possible and it is so!

With Patience & Promise,
~Nia

  

7 comments:

  1. Nia I gained a better understanding of that mind of yours.You've accomplished so much & still are driven. Love that quote you used. As I say " My relationship with the pen & paper will never diminish,So you'll my words until my soul is finished.

    Looking forward to more xoxo KAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written straight from your heart. Keep doing what you are doing, keep pushing and never stop.cWith God all things are possible, where ever you are trying to go you will get there, whatever you do don't give up.

    Love ya cousin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nia again your writing has inspire me to want to write and the passion you speak of has been a door that will open to other in order to understand how you cover your nakedness with the clothes of the pen is an example of the writing of the scribe to biblical proportion. I encourage you as you have encourage other with your writing to continue to gracefully show your love for your gift and allow the wisdom God has bless you with to open the heart of other with such great gift. Your brother Rande

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nia,

    1st I apologize for taking so long to comment, but i've admired your writing ability for some months now. Honestly, you have an amazing gift and your lyrics reaching touch my heart and soul. I highly anticipate reading more and more from your spirit. NEVER GIVE UP on exhausting your pen sweetie, because believe it or not "someone's awaiting your arrival". It's in your writing and expression where lives will be changed and healed. I love you and you have my support 100. "ROCKSTAR ARTIST" *WINK*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nia OMG!!! Well written I'm a reader and I will support any book u put out may God bless u in evrythin u do!!!!!

    Al-Nisa (cv) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, we all have that one thing that makes life worth living for us; that one thing that we can't imagine being without. Your blog inspires me to stay passionate and propel into my future!!

    ReplyDelete