Monday, February 7, 2011

READY OR NOT ~ HERE I COME!!!

While listening to the relaxing vibrations of soundscapes, thoughts of serenity almost always immediately follow. Contrastly, evidence of my reality seems to trigger something in my heart. One of my biggest inspirations when it comes to writing is Maya Angelou. Her words pierce my soul, no exaggeration, I've never felt so infinitely influenced by a human being. For years I'd think my reason for feeling connected to her was solely based on our common craving to fill a blank piece of paper with a rainbow of colors. It wasn't until recently that I realized it's so much deeper than that. Maya Angelou's life, whether told in written form or shared verbally in her own words, is a picture of reality. Not just her reality, but mine as well. I'm not saying our lives mirror eachother, not verbatim. But even if it's mostly metaphorically, it's true indeed. 

I don't want to go against the first confession of the infamous speech of empowerment, "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate." However, I have to be honest and say that, actually, that IS my deepest fear. Now, don't miscontrue my words or anything, I am in no way saying that I operate or live my life in fear. But what I am saying is that when I search deep within myself sometimes I find that I am afraid to a certain extent. When it comes to my writing, especially my poetry, I fear that I will be judged harshly by the world who reads it. It's my desire to be understood, relatable, and even a point of identical contact for someone else in the world who may be feeling the same way regarding what's written. I dare not say I'm afraid of success, because who'd be crazy enough to admit such a thing?! (yeah right)... Maybe not to you, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I'm reminded of something the Notorious BIG once said, "more money, more problems." I've never taken that at face value only. It's not just about the dollar, in my opinion, it has more to do with the obligation, accountability, and responsibility. Looking in the mirror of my heart I recognized that of course I desire to be successful, wealthy, and all the good things that come with the territory. So where's my dilemma? Where's the fear of being inadequate? It's more so in my mind than anywhere else. So a lot of times I find that my heart and my mind conflict. It's like a tug of war, if you will, a battle of the strongest will. 

In my heart I know that I am beyond capable to execute everything involving my purpose with excellence. It's possible. It's going to happen. I've made a conscious decision to look within and face "it" :: my "it" may be similar or different than yours, but they are all walls waiting to be conquered. It's a continual decision, a constant renewal. I have faith, I believe. And that far exceeds any level of fear. That's why I'm not only stepping out on this limb called life, I'm standing on that limb. I will remain standing, strongly planting my feet on each movement. My foundation is firm, and my roots are not removable. Time is of the essence. It is extremely essential. The time is now, right now! So...ready or not...HERE I COME!!!     

From my heart,

~Nia

15 comments:

  1. Bravo, young lady, bravo! Finally, a blog that's not about foolery and nudity. I applaud your bravery to share your thoughts and feelings for the world to see. I wish you nothing but success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing....There's always a power struggle between the heart and mind and the victory is not always in the win, but its in being honest in saying "I fear that I may have fallin short and just can't quite get myself up at the moment".....The heart will always nurture yur falls, but yur mind will always punish...Its the Law of Mom/Dad within yur realm of thinking....Love it...Love It....Love it....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!!! YOU NEVA CEASE TO AMAZE ME DAUGHTER!! THE SCRIPTURE COMES TO MIND: "WHEN I WOULD DO GOOD; EVIL IS ALWAYS PRESENT"!! YOU ARE SO RIGHT YOU HAVE THE ROOTS & I BELIEVE YOU ARE SOLID IN YOUR FAITH & RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, SO AS LONG AS YOU KEEP HIM ON THE THRONE & DO AS PROV. 3:5-7 COMMANDS THE BEST IS YET TO COME!! I LOVE YOU & CAN'T WAIT UNTI LYOUR NEXT BLOG!! KEEP IT COMING!!!! YOUR #1 FAN...MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY! Keep you feet planted. You are made to succeed. You are equipped to do what you are called and destined to do. You are right we all have what I call the "it" factor. Whether the same or different we have it. We have to face it and as you say make a decision to keep going and plant our feet. Again Another wonderful and reviving read. You have reconfirmed what I am doing right now, in this very moment in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go ahead and Preach Gurl!! You aint never lie ma'ma!!! You say it like you mean it , and you write it like you bleed it! Thank you for re-invigorating my spirits with this phenomenal Legendary Blog! Love you boo!

    -Saul

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I kept thinking once I got to the end was Eph 3:20...Once again, I can relate to almost everything you have said, but I have to keep in mind Eph 3:20 and just allow God to do His thing through my life...so I want to encourage you, that no matter how inadequate we feel...keep leaning on the God factor and have confidence in the fact that if we let Him, He is able to do things beyond our imagination through the power that works within us! Keep striving girl! You're on your way!

    Heart's Love
    ProVerbs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your penmanship and thoughts. It is amazing how we can come into our own and be used to help free one another by just speaking. Keep speaking Nia. You have our support. Love you

    LF

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have always been such a good writer!!! I am so happy that you are letting other experience the talent that you have Indore for so long! Please don't let another two years past before your fans read your words of wisdom ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nia,

    If not when the how? When will your do "it"? or How will you do "it"? These could very well be questions you have or even thought of fear. Either way you have recognized fully of WHO you are and can now walk(write) with confidance. Amazingly I had a thought this morning on the word "season". I can mean different things to different people. A specific period of time or a tool to enhance or add to the flavor of something. Without either definition one chooses to use - without it life would be bland, or there would not be a change to what the norm is.. Hope you follow me. You are now "seasoned" in this life as having expereienced somethings but you also have your own way to "season" up life, adding your footprint to the world though your thoughts.. Love ya much

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so interesting that you would refer to yourself as one "standing on that limb". Consider this: the only ones able to stand - safe and secure - on a limb are those purposed to fly. Soar girl, SOAR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said cuddy... Continue to follow ur heart. Which in most cases is sometimes harder than following ur mind. With that being said, Know and stand on faith in all that u do. Very Proud to know ur taking a Leap. Not a step but a LEAP Leaving Emotions Asside to make things Possible... Luv ya keep up the Great Work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The inadequacy of the assessment of our own self is divinely human. In and of ourselves, sis...we can't do ANY of the things we want, desire, need to do to feel purposeful and relevant to the time in which God has placed us. It is IN Him that all things are possible. We put the pen to the paper, but it is God who supplies the ink and fuels the passion in of us towards our purpose.

    I love how you are coming to realize that the woman that stares you eye-to-eye in the mirror is growing and figuring this thing out bit by bit....and brick by brick you will find, as you continue offering yourself to be used for purpose, that the walls of your dreams will become manifested into the spiritual, mental and even physical house that you were born to live in...that house being peace.

    I'm going to push you....and don't resist b/c that will be my cue to push harder! I love you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. You already know Nia. Purpose awaits. Let's GO!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel as though I can relate that fear to succeed. I think at some point in time we have all fell victim to that. We can choose to continue to tolerate the fear and lead ourselves into believing the lie of being inadequate or fight to rise above the volume of fear we've taken heed to. After reading your blog I have no doubt on my mind that you will succeed. Nia I hope you continue to write because it's difference. I feel inspired to become a better writer. Your penmanship ig not taken for granted. I love it! Can't wait to read more from you! ♥

    ReplyDelete