Monday, February 28, 2011

BREAK...THROUGH...THE BARRIER(S)

I'd like to begin with a quote that serves as a daily inspiration to me, "If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

In honor of this last day of Black History Month, I'm encouraged to break through barriers. More often than not I find myself entangled in the snares of life. On one hand that may sound kind of vague, but it really does articulate the way I feel. The purpose of a 'snare' is to entangle or entrap the unaware. So it's basically a trap, a device designed to capture you. Personally, I'm speaking of it as a metaphor. However, when I consider the hard times conquered by my heritage, it's certainly more literal than not. I'm a little hesitant to expound in this degree, but I'm going to follow my heart. A snare is also another name for a noose. Now if you don't know what this is, shame on you...lol, just kidding! Seriously though, our ancestors were hung and their lives were sacrificed (involuntarily) because they were entangled, trapped, and even endangered. Unfortunately, it was absolutely inevitable during that time. They had to endure the endless torture of life being literally choked out of them by this noose, whereas today, we allow the snares that we encounter to practically squeeze the life out of us. So much so that we become accustom to turmoil, we cope with suffering, we submit to what we permit. And that's not okay.

Why do we tolerate it? Our ancestors didn't, even if it was at the expense of sacrificing their last breath on this earth. As I write, I'm looking inward. The shoe fits perfectly! So it's not just me, it's not only you...ALL of us are guilty of this at one point or several times. I'd like to dispute the downfalls and overcome the obstacles. I am convinced that I am capable of breaking through the barriers, if for no other reason that I'M STILL HERE!!! My purpose has not yet been fulfilled to its fullest capacity. A barrier is just a barricade, but I am more than a conqueror. If it's toooooo easy, I should almost be insulted. When it comes my way, it's because I am designed to defeat it and of course, learn from it. The challenge isn't impossible, so break through your barriers. 

With Love & Respect,
~Nia 

3 comments:

  1. Keep 'em coming sis! Proud of you! ;-)
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am convinced that I am capable of breaking through the barriers, if for no other reason that I'M STILL HERE!!! My sentiments exactly & as Sis. Danielle said keep'em coming & u know I'm so, so, so PROUD OF YOU!!! YOUR #1 FAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I had NO idea that 'snare' was another word for 'noose'. Wow! How many times have we allowed things to choke the life outta us?! Gracious! I love how you inform, as well as encourage. I agree with those who've commented before- Don't Ever stop writing!

    ReplyDelete